We hope that you were able to join our first educational webinar in our LISTEN & LEARN series entitled “Mask Up Without Missing Out,” presented by Dr. Gina Patzkowski and Emma Movick from our Audiology team.
During the session, the presenters shared valuable information on topics such as:
- Proper mask etiquette
- Ways to communicate more effectively while wearing a face mask
- How to use nonverbal cues to improve communication, including facial expressions and gestures
- Tips for managing communication breakdowns
- Common misconceptions about hearing aids
- Phone tricks and other technology-related tips
There were also a number of unique questions that were raised by our attendees during the webinar, for example:
- How can one practically apply the “hearing impaired” exemption provided in the California Department of Public Health’s masking guidance?
- How can Android users stream calls to their hearings aids?
- How can I use my IPhone to help me communicate better in a restaurant setting?
In case you missed the webinar or would like to share the presentation with family members or friends, you can access a full recording of it here:
click here>> Watch Recording “Mask Up Without Missing Out”
It includes the entire presentation as well as answers to our listener-submitted questions.
As we gear up for our next webinar that will take place in May, we would love to keep these types of open conversations going and are hopeful that those in need of assistance will take advantage of the webinars as an avenue to get questions answered by our experts. Details for the next webinar are coming soon and will be posted on our website at Events | Shohet Ear Associates.
If you have any additional questions that you would like our presenters to answer regarding mask wearing, feel free to contact us by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.